Money Market Demand Accounts (MMDA) allow you the flexibility of accessing your funds as you need them while still having access to competitive interest rates.
- $2,500 deposit is required to open an MMDA account.
- Interest rates are tiered and will be compounded monthly and credited to your account on a monthly basis.
- A minimum balance fee of $8 will be imposed every month if the balance in the account falls below $2,500 any day of the month. The minimum balance fee will not be imposed if you maintain an average daily balance during the statement cycle of $2,500 or greater.
- A $10 charge per check/transfer in excess of six per statement cycle applies to this account regardless of the account balance.
- Transfers from this account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic or telephone transfers are limited to six per statement cycle with no more than three transfers by check, draft, debit card or similar order to third parties. No transaction fee will be assessed on internal transfers.
- Free online bill pay. Pay bills or make payments 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Online banking is included with your money market demand account at no charge.
- A monthly formal bank statement reflecting your account activity is mailed or emailed to you each month. An image of your canceled checks will be included.
- Visa® Debit Card (subject to credit approval).
Visit your local First State Bank & Trust Co., Inc. branch to open an account and learn current rates.